Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Scrubbing of Stories and Scrapping of Acrylics

All fan fics were scrubbed yesterday.  Don't panic that's scrubbed, not scrapped.  What that means is that I simply have too much handwritten material for each of my fan fic stories (which at last count there were a half dozen), and it's to the point that I don't know which version I intended to go with, and which one is considered a re-write.  So, everything was scrubbed yesterday, and all stories are either being started from scratch, or with a clean slate should they be pieces that are currently in progress.  It's the only way I can keep everything straight in my mind.

It is with a heavy heart that I've decided to give up my acrylic nails.  For starters I throw freight three out of the five nights I work, and that alone is pure hell on them.  On top of that, it's $27 per visit (I don't do full color, I do french tips--and I tip well b/c of how stiff my hands are), and I go twice a month, so that's $54 a month I could be putting towards groceries or paying a bill. My plan is to let them grow out until my birthday, and then have them soak off whatever is left, which I'm hoping will salvage at least part of my nails.  If I didn't think it would look grotesquely odd I'd trim them back every so often, as I have a feeling they're going to make life incredibly difficult before next month gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment