Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Thoughts....And Old

Wow...a lot has gone on since February...

I'm getting geared up for my birthday next year, a trip this summer with one of the biggest influences in my life EVER, a possible vacation in KY in the fall, three upcoming craft fairs, a potential return to dancing, Fan Fest next month with mom, and heading back to the west coast at the first of the year.  So much going on, I barely have time to think, much less do anything else.

I know I don't have photos posted yet of my trip to KY earlier this month to pay my respects, but they are coming soon!  There was some slight drama at the cemetery this year too, but I'm not getting into that.  As I told Amanda (a fellow crafter), and another friend, unless the other party is in a life threatening situation, tries to get a hold of me directly, I don't want to speak or think about that crap from this point on.  Life is too fucking short to go around with a chip on your shoulder, a stick up your ass, and carrying a grudge that would make the rivalry between DDP and Savage look like child's play.  I tried my damnedest to offer an olive branch, and it was thrown in my face.  From this point on, if anything is to come of that, it'll be on the other end making an effort.  I'm through wasting my time with it.

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about their "bestie" here lately, and I've finally figured out why the hell that word bothers the crap out of me.  It's because I don't believe in it, and I never have.  I refuse to elevate the status of one person who is special to me over another.  All of my friends are important to me, and are bonded to me in their own way.  I don't have one that's closer than the others, or that I trust more than anyone else.  Believe it or not, I didn't use that word when the person who possibly could've been called that more so than anyone else I know was alive.  She didn't like it either.

"People who go around flaunting that title, want all their other friends to feel less than because they think they don't have the same sort of relationship with that person.  That's total bullshit dude.  Why would you do that sort of crap to anyone you call a friend?"

Why indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment