Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

STOP THE WORK/SLEEP CYCLE
Everyday I come home, change straight into pj's and start making plans to go to bed.  If I'm going to get out of this nasty cycle, I gotta stop that.  There are easy ways to change it, by putting on clothes instead of pj's when I get home, and taking the extra five minutes to make the bed when I get up at night.  It's easier not to want to lay around and use the excuse "I could go out but I'd have to get dressed", if I take away the two biggest excuse triggers.

SPEND ONE DAY EACH WEEK FOR ME
As it stands now, the only time I leave the house is to go to work, even on weekends/payday weekends.  I used to spend one day each week just doing what I wanted, and on payday weekends I'd go out to do that and cap that off by grocery shopping.  I need to start doing that again.  I always feel so much more relaxed every other Friday when I go get my nails done, and I think I need to start taking advantage of that, and figuring out something to do on the weeks that I don't go get that done.

GET INTO THE GYM
The pooch needs to go.  It's not baby weight.  It's called "coming home and doing nothing but lying around til you go to bed" weight, in combination with poor eating habits.  I gotta find somewhere that has trainer's, that are affordable.  I need the trainer because I know me, if I don't have some sort of motivation to go, I'll use every excuse in the book to keep from going.

DO SOME SERIOUS PURGING
I don't mean the kind of purging where I stick my finger down my throat.  I'm talking about getting rid of some of the toxic energy I continue to keep myself surrounded with.  I still wear a ring on my thumb given to me by an ex, and I have a ton of stuff in this room that goes back to the psycho who tried to kill me.  I need to get rid of it and rid myself of the negative energy. Believe it or not I started to cleanse myself of it when I moved back home from CA and she sold a lot of my stuff.  90% of it was stuff that either she or April gave me.

I want to write letters to certain people, who I feel I still need to get some things off my chest about.  I don't know if I should send them or what, but I know I need to get rid of the energy that I keep focused on that.

I have a ton of Xena merchandise still sitting in boxes in the closet in my spare room.  Time to actually get that posted to e-bay and do something positive with the funds.  Perhaps that'll be the starting point for the trips I want to take for my 33rd, 34th, and 35th birthdays.  The ring? It's a Xena collectors item that's hard to come by anymore, I could probably fund a really nice weekend away somewhere with.

GET BUDGET BACK ON TRACK
My spending habits are atrocious. I need to sit down and figure up how much I'm spending a month on bills, and then see what my grocery budget is, rather than what it should be.  I could do way better than I am, I just need to sit down and actually do it.  And then I gotta find the right motivation to stick to it.  I think that lies in the bank, and finding out if there's a way to put funds into an account that I cannot touch until an agreed upon future date.  It's the only way I'll be able to actually save anything.


STOP EATING SO MUCH FAST FOOD
There's a McDonald's in the Wal-Mart where I work.  And what's worse? It's open 24 hours just like we are.  I guarantee I spend $100 out of every paycheck on food from there.  This ties in with getting into the gym, as I know that the combination of this, and coming home sitting on my ass is the reason I'm now in a Lg top, that would've swallowed me whole two years ago, and even it's starting to get a little on the tight side.  I started purchasing dress clothes that will hide my bulge rather than do something to get rid of it.  And that's no good.  I refuse to go into double digits on pants sizes.  And cutting off the fast food is one way I can keep that from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment